Health Science and Research
Karna provides outcomes-driven research and evaluation consulting services to public, private, and non-profit organizations.
Karna provides outcomes-driven research and evaluation consulting services to government, commercial, and non-profit organizations to speed efforts to turn research into practice.
Our comprehensive and systematic approach employs evidence-informed research, evaluation, surveillance, and capacity building activities that demonstrate positive impact.
Karna provides comprehensive research support to facilitate the translation of science into applied practice, including:
- Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration
- Literature Reviews and Environmental Scans
- Study Design (qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods)
- Clearance Process (OMB, IRB)
- Software Proficiency: Atlas.ti, NVivo, Qualtrics, SPSS, SAS, R, Excel, Access, and Stata
Monitoring and Evaluation Expertise
Karna integrates evaluation throughout the formative phases of a project, which facilitates continuous quality improvement and ensures effective and efficient program planning and implementation. We bring best practices and tools to improve public health surveillance programs and systems to identify disease outbreaks, prevalence, and incidence. Building motivation for evaluation among internal and external stakeholders is critical to foster an evaluation culture that enhances buy-in and sustains commitment. This includes:
- Process, Outcome, and Impact Evaluation
- Needs Assessments, Environmental Scans, and Gap Analyses
- Evaluability Assessment (using SSA methodology)
- Evaluation Plan Design (e.g., Stakeholder Engagement and Logic Model Development)
- Surveillance Data Management
- Data Visualization
- Impact Measurement
Training / Capacity Building / Technical Assistance
Karna builds organizational capacity to meet stakeholders’ needs and achieve strategic goals through tailored training and technical assistance. We develop and implement targeted training and technical assistance in collaboration with partner organizations and/or grantees to monitor and evaluate programs, conduct surveillance, and develop health communications. Karna’s areas of expertise include:
- Capacity Assessment
- Training Frameworks
- Principles of Adult Learning Theory
- Instrument and Tool Development
- Webinar Development and Delivery
- On-Site, One-on-One Evaluation Support
- Training Manuals and Resource Repositories
- Organizational Improvement
- Change Management
Karna is available through a variety of contract vehicles, including:
- GSA Multiple Award Schedule (formerly PSS) contract GS-10F-0332Y
- GSA Multiple Award Schedule (formerly GSA IT 70) contract GS-35F-393AA
- CDC NCIRD Immunization Consulting and Research Arm (ICRA) IDIQ (Large and Small Business awards) 200-2015-87991
- GWAC Chief Information Officer–Solutions and Partners 3 B (CIO-SP3B) 75N98120D001239
As a member of the Celerian Group of companies, Karna has access to additional contract vehicles, including:
- Strategic Partners Acquisition Readiness Contract (SPARC)
Strategic Partners Acquisition Readiness Contract (SPARC) is an IDIQ contract in support of the CMS to modernize business processes and support systems and their operations.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Virtual Data Center
The Virtual Data Center has indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) designed to meet a broad range of computing needs for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Services acquired through this vehicle must fully meet all of the CMS design, engineering and data security standards.
- One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (Pool1)
OASIS Pool 1 is a GSA wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) that provides administrative, management, scientific, technical, and marketing services. A wide range of consulting and management support can be acquired through this vehicle.
We have partnerships with a number of large and small businesses that make it possible to contract with Karna in other ways. Please reach out to us for more information at email@example.com.